Tuesday, December 30, 2008

if heaven was a mile away?

would i pack up my bag(s) n leave this world behind...? --lol i L O V E Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones.
*naw...i love life && im livin it.
I guess you can call this my end of the year post. The ability to the remember is one of my most prized possessions...Youll understand later!
08...I have to give this year kudos mainly because of everything 'it' has taught me.
"Men lie...Women lie...Numbers don't.."--Jz.
Seven Pounds should be this years movie of choice. After watching it I learned the importance of realizing our mistakes, concentrating on today (because tomorrow is never promised), and also the glory in doing for others.

*Random: but dont you miss diss songs? lol it might sound crazy but think back to Ether, and Got myself a gun....ahh. The crazy part is they're inseparable now.

08.
ive realized my love for reggae. buju banton. sizzla. Its probably the beat. Even more the fact that majority of it is positive.

I left most of my friends...in search of me. To this day I still dont know what that means. The "perfect" life in everyone elses eyes: Satisfactory grades, friends, job, relations...not to mention the tons of inexplicable nights of fun. What more did i need? The anwser is coming soon.
I had the chance to go to NYC; spent most of my time in BK. 2nd time in my life && saw things I never would have imagined. [Bedstie isnt that bad] Met up with 2 of the greatest girls in the world..lol (we shall reunite soon!)

Expanded my outlook on the world and my place in it.
Fall 08. ETO. Learned a lot. Experienced a lot. Hated a lot. lol. For some reason I think everyone should take part in something greater than themselves. This was my outlet. I thought that if I joined this organization I'd be able to not only learn from others but dish out the many thoughts and ideas I have accumulated.

3 deaths... Friend. 2 family members. enough said.
I guess you can say I was able to transplant myself out of my element this year.

I don't do New Year's Resolutions..mainly because I don't really think I could ever stop myself from doing something I truly wanted to do. Not to say that I don't want to change some of the things in my life, but I refuse to place regulations on my life.
09...gathering my culture.
[just tryna make you feel it like i mispronounced fillet.]

Sincerely,
Danielle.

No comments: